- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City, County, Town Manager)
- Credential: Preferred
- Salary: $131,334 - $212,761. DOE, DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 32,000
- Website: http://www.cityofgreer.org
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 28 2020
Deadline: Apr 3 2020
City of Greer online application, cover letter, resume and salary history must be submitted by Friday, April 3, 2020.
City Administrator - City of Greer
Located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Upstate, SC, the City of Greer is one of South Carolina’s fastest-growing cities. With easy access to interstate highways, an international airport and commercial rail service to the Port of Charleston, it is a bustling hub for business and industry. The City provides services to more than 32,000 residents who enjoy a high quality of life with easy access to lakes, parks, mountains and regularly scheduled festivals and events in Greer City Park and Greer Station. The City of Greer is located along the I-85 corridor between Spartanburg and Greenville and at the center of the Charlotte/Atlanta market.
The City Administrator manages the day-to-day operations of the City of Greer in accordance with South Carolina law and City ordinances. This is a Council form of government with authorities given to the City Administrator by city ordinance. This position oversees a budget of approximately $28 million and over 290 employees in seven departments. The City offers competitive compensation, vehicle allowance, training opportunities, excellent benefits package, retirement, tuition reimbursement program, paid time off, wellness incentive programs and much more.
Major Job Duties:
• Oversees the operations of all departments including Administration, Building and Development Standards, Municipal Court, Police, Fire, Public Services, Parks and Recreation.
• Executes the policies, directives, and legislative actions of City Council in a Council form of government.
• Works and consults with CFO and department directors concerning budget preparations and prepares annual budget for City Council’s review; monitors budgetary expenditures during fiscal year.
• Negotiates contracts and agreements; ensures compliance with the city's purchasing rules and regulations; enforces the city's personnel policies and procedures.
• Interacts with federal, state, county, and other municipalities and agencies.
• Receives, investigates, and/or handles citizen complaints and concerns.
• Keeps the Mayor and Council fully advised as to the financial condition and future needs of the City including strategic planning.
• Serves on various state and local boards or commissions.
• Other duties as outlined in the job description.
• A bachelor's degree is required; a master’s degree in public administration, business administration or closely related field is preferred. ICMA Credentialed Manager preferred.
• Seven to Ten (7 -10) years’ experience as City/County Administrator or Assistant City/County Administrator with progressive experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.