- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager); Economic Development Director
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: Open DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 749
- Where: 3205 Jones Rd. Sunset Valley, TX 78745
- Form of Government: Mayor-Council
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: May 2 2019
The position is open until filled. The first review of resumes will be on June 3, 2019. To be considered for this position, please submit a current résumé and current salary information to Chris Hartung Consulting, LLC by e-mail to email@example.com .
Sunset Valley was founded in 1954 as a small rural community a few miles away from Austin. Today it is still small but is surrounded completely by the City of Austin. While there are still homes on large lots in the more rural older neighborhoods, in the past 20 years, most of the available vacant land has been filled in with retail development and newer subdivisions. The City Council is currently seeking applicants interested in becoming the City’s next City Administrator. The City Administrator oversees an organization with a 2018-2019 operating budget of $9.6 million and 31 employees. The City is organized into operating departments including Administration, Finance, Police and Public Works. The City of Sunset Valley is very strong financially due to the sales tax revenue generated from the commercial area. Because of this revenue, the City has eliminated the property tax assessment. For more information on the position and the community go to www.chcpublicsectorsolutions.com.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years' experience as a city administrator, city manager, or department head in a government agency with an operating budget of comparable size and complexity to Sunset Valley, and extensive HR and management experience.
2. Proficient in budget planning, financial analysis and ROI calculations and pro forma development.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences including but not limited to residents, commercial entities, government agencies and staff with a proven track record of developing people.
The range for this position is open depending upon background, qualifications and experience. The City participates in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with an employee contribution rate of 7% and a 2:1 match by the City. The City does not participate in Social Security and offers STD and LTD insurance coverage. The City offers vacation and sick leave benefits. Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D insurance benefits are paid for by the City.