- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: $90,000 - $95,000. +/- DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 5,911
- Where: 214 E. Blackhawk Avenue Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin 53821
- Form of Government: Mayor-Council
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Oct 16 2018
Deadline: Nov 26 2018
Candidates should apply online by November 26, 2018 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240.
Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin (pop. 5,900). Picturesque community established in 1673, Prairie du Chien is the second oldest community in the state, and beautifully situated at the confluence of the Mississippi and Wisconsin Rivers. Located in southwest Wisconsin, the City is within an hour of Dubuque, Iowa and La Crosse, Wisconsin, and is conveniently accessible to much of the upper Midwest.
Prairie du Chien is the county seat of Crawford County, one of Wisconsin’s top vacation and outdoor-activity areas. The City’s land area covers more than six square miles. The City maintains its rural charm and high quality of life while balancing growth and progress. The area has been recognized for its livability and family-friendliness.
The City is seeking a team-oriented, strategic-thinking professional with strong finance and budget management, staff leadership and communication skills. Proven financial, analytical and human resources skills, as well as supervisory experience, are essential. Experience in community and economic development is helpful.
The City has a workforce of about 45 full-time and 35 part-time employees, providing municipal services including police, fire, streets, sewer and waste water, parks and recreation, library, airport, plus administrative services. The City Administrator oversees combined budgets of more than $7.7 million, six TIF Districts and is rated A1 by Moody’s.
Candidates must possess:
• A bachelor’s degree in public administration, finance or related field;
• At least five years of increasingly responsible local government management experience.
• A Master’s degree in public administration, business administration or closely related field is desired. Assistant administrator experience in a larger community will be considered.
• Proven leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills to lead a financially fit organization in a politically stable community.
The City Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and eight-member Common Council. Starting salary range: $90,000 – $95,000 +/- DOQ.