- Job Function: Chief Law Enforcement Official
- Salary: $65,000 - $75,000. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Where: 1800 Brazosport Blvd Nn, Richwood, TX
- Form of Government: Mayor-Council
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Apr 24 2018
For more information regarding the position, visit the City of Richwood\'s employment website at the following link for a complete job description and to submit your application: http://richwoodtx.gov/site/departments/job-opportunities/
Located in southern Brazoria County, the City of Richwood is surrounded by Texas history and is built on land that was part of Stephen F. Austin's original land grant from the Mexican government.
The City serves an area of approximately five square miles with an estimated population between 5,500 and 6,000. Richwood is located in Brazoria County, 52 miles south of Houston, and approximately 16 miles from the Gulf Coast.
From its humble beginnings in 1957 to its present evolvement, Richwood has been a people-oriented community. In the highly competitive marketplace of economic development, Richwood has shined in its greatest commodity - its people.
The Chief of Police, Bryan Corb, is retiring after serving in the law enforcement profession for over 28 years and leading the Richwood Police Department since November 2014.
Including the Chief of Police, the department has nine full-time sworn peace officer positions and one part-time warrant officer. The annual operating budget is approximately $940,000.
Additionally, Richwood voters have authorized a Crime Control and Prevention District (CCPD). The CCPD contributes approximately $100,000 annually to the department's budget funding the part-time warrant officer and equipment needs.
Additionally, the department is working on attaining its accreditation from the Texas Police Chiefs’ Association Texas Law Enforcement. The department’s final evaluation is scheduled for the end of April 2018.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• A leader who focuses on community-oriented policing and providing great customer service.
• An active and engaging ambassador for the City of Richwood that will build upon the Police Department’s strong relationships with our local businesses and schools.
• A public servant who makes thoughtful and data-driven decisions.
• A leader that is dedicated to the principles of transparency.