- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager); Finance Director
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: DOE
- Position Type: Full Time
- Where: New Orleans, LA
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Apr 27 2018
Email resume to: email@example.com
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) serves as a member of the SWBNO’s executive management team and has considerable interface with the Board of Directors, City Departments, elected and appointed officials, business owners and members of the public. The CFO reports to the Executive Director and has direct leadership/oversight responsibilities for professional, technical and administrative staff in the following areas: Finance, Budget, Information Technology, Customer Service/Billing, and the Capital Projects Delivery Unit. This position is responsible for both short-term and long-term strategic fiscal planning, reporting and monitoring as well as capital program financing.
• Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field is required. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is highly desired.
• At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional experience in financial management, financial analysis, accounting, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, treasury and investment management, debt issuance and management in a municipal, local, or other governmental entity and eight (8) years of supervisory and management experience over a related major division or organization.
• CPA (Certified Public Accountant) preferred.
Job duties may include but are not limited to:
• Provide executive oversight of SWBNO financial operations and other assigned functions, ensuring operational excellence.
• Direct performance for all three (3) Enterprise Funds including the management of bond issuances. Interact with rating agencies; represent SWBNO at presentations and other bond related activities.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of SWBNO’s Strategic Business Plan as well as other periodic reports and studies.
• Oversee the development of the annual operating and capital budgets in accordance with established procedure and departmental operating requirements, including revenues and expenses.
• Oversee the completion of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
• Ensure that SWBNO develops and maintains an optimal capital structure while maintaining financial flexibility.
• Coordinate SWBNO’s financial response to the City Departments, City Council, Mayor, rating agencies, and others as required.
• Comply with all federal, state and local government agencies requirements.
• Oversee all financial matters related to billing and collections, meter readings, shutoffs, and service requests.
• Review the effectiveness of current financial and accounting systems.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualities:
• Fiscal and budget management principles
• Deploy sound judgment
• Great decision maker
• Effective communicator
• High-level of integrity
• Politically sensitive
• Excellent leader
What We Offer:
• Health insurance program (health, dental, prescription and vision)
• Paid time off (holiday pay for 10 observed holidays per calendar year; 13 sick and vacation days per year)
• Wellness program
• Life insurance program ($25,000 in Basic Life and $25,000 in Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
• Education and training reimbursement program
• Retirement plan (defined-benefit plan for vested employees - 2.5% per year for credited service up to 25 years and 4% per year for credited service exceeding 25 years)
• Relocation expenses up to $10,000