- Job Function: Assistant/Deputy Department Director
- Salary: DOE/ DOE
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 4,961
- Where: 17755 Main Street Dumfries Virginia
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jun 15 2018
Gregory M. Tkac 17755 Main Street Dumfries Virginia 22025 email@example.com (703) 221-3400
The Town of Dumfries Virginia is seeking a motivated energetic person to join our team as the Assistant Public Works Director. This individual will assist with the development of vision and administering the strategic oversight of the Town’s Public Works Department. The Town is willing to train the right person for the job!
Under the direction of the Director of Public Works assists with the management, planning and scheduling of all activities and operations involving the Town’s Public Works Department. This position will assist with difficult professional and administrative work overseeing the street maintenance, storm water management, drainage, buildings and grounds and related operations of the Town. Additional responsibility may include contract administration, information technology management, and management of the Town’s Separate Storm Sewer System.
We are looking for someone with some or all the following skills:
• General knowledge of the principles and practices of public works, including but not limited to, street maintenance, drainage, infrastructure improvements, management and maintenance of existing facilities.
• Planning and organizing assigned aspects of department operations.
• Ability to determine work priorities, identify appropriate resources and ensures work is completed according to agreed schedule and within department standards.
• Inspection of Town’s infrastructure, buildings, facilities and properties and schedules or conducts required maintenance.
• Management of Grant programs
• Desire to assist with the Preparation and execution of the Public Works budgets, the development of long-term departmental plans, goals and objectives focused on achieving the Town’s mission and the Council’s priorities.
• Ability to assist with implementing the 5-year Capital Improvement Plan as it relates to the Towns Strategic Plan.
• Supervises capital improvement projects, reviews specifications and plans; coordinates schedules; and assists in developing bids for projects.
• Assists with the administration of grant programs for DPW projects, programs; and prepares reports and documentation as required.
• Responsible for the development of a Public Works operational/procedures manual to determine department priorities and regulations; and will become responsible to ensure departmental activities are documented.
• Demonstrated skill in preparation of reports
• Exceptional oral and written skills are required
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering, management, public or business administration or related field or extensive experience in a responsible position in the public works field.