- Job Function: Human Resources Director
- Salary: $104,000 - $104,000. DOQ +/-
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 35,362
- Website: http://www.ucitymo.org
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Mar 6 2020
Deadline: Apr 13 2020
Candidates should apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com by April 13, 2020
Assistant to the City Manager/Director of Human Resources – University City, MO (pop. 35,172). A beautiful and historic inner-ring suburb of St. Louis adjacent to the renowned Washington University in St. Louis, University City is a unique urban community with a strong mix of cultural, ethnic, social and economic diversity. Incorporated in 1906, University City was established with a vision of being a city of culture and fine homes. In University City, citizens boast availability to urban-style services and easy accessibility to the Greater St. Louis’s recreational and cultural activities.
The City is seeking a collaborative local government professional to manage a comprehensive range of personnel services for a workforce of approximately 274 full-time and 200 part-time and seasonal employees, with police, fire and public works comprising most of those full-time positions. The City provides a range of services including police, fire/EMS, trash, recycling and recreation programs through the Departments of Public Works and Parks, Finance, Planning and Development, Police and Fire/EMS.
The position is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the organization’s HR functions with positive employee and labor relations expected. The ACM/Director of HR is the liaison for the retirement and civil service boards. The position reports directly to the City Manager.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an energetic, ethical and experienced leader with strong technical and interpersonal skills;
• Have a record of problem solving, decisiveness and approachability; and
• Have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
Candidates should also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business or public administration or closely related field; a Master’s degree is preferred;
• SHRM, HRCI and/or IPMA-HR credentials are a plus; and
• Five – seven years of experience in a related field, including 5 years in HR leadership, preferably in municipal government.
The starting salary range is $104,000 +/- DOQ, plus excellent benefits. Candidates should apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com by April 13, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.