- Job Function: Assistant to Manager/CAO
- Salary: $62,580 - $71,243. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 81,055
- Website: http://www.champaignil.gov
- Where: 102 N. Neil St FL 4n, Champaign, IL
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 2 2018
Deadline: Mar 11 2018
Applications must be submitted online to champaignil.gov/jobs no later than Sunday, March 11, 2018.
The City of Champaign seeks qualified candidates for a career opportunity as an Assistant to the City Manager in the City Manager’s Office.
Responsibilities of Position
The position provides professional support to the City Manager and City departments, manages assigned programs and provides customer service to the public. Responsible for conducting research, making policy and ordinance recommendations, analyzing processes to identify efficiencies and support innovation, grant research and administration, making public presentations, assisting with public communication, including preparing press releases and handling media inquiries, and responding to citizen complaints, as well as serving as the City Manager’s representative as requested. This position provides a variety of professional experience for an individual seeking an advanced career in local government.
• A bachelor’s degree with major coursework in public administration, public finance/accounting, urban planning or related discipline.
• Minimum of two to three years of full-time experience in municipal government, community development, social services or a closely related field (internship experience counts).
• An equivalent combination of work experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a respectful, responsive and timely manner with coworkers, elected officials and the public by phone, email, mail and in-person.
• Experience with academic or business writing including the preparation of written studies, reports, plans or policies.
• Experience with research or policy analysis.
• Available for meetings and emergency response, as needed, outside of normal work hours.
• Master’s degree.
• More than three years of municipal government experience.
• Experience with financial management or budget preparation.
Drug screening and criminal background check will be required. The annual starting salary range is $62,580 - $71,243, plus an excellent fringe benefits package. Applications must be submitted online to champaignil.gov/jobs no later than Sunday, March 11, 2018.
The City’s mission is to provide responsive, caring, cost-effective service in partnership with our community. The following values guide our work: Personal Integrity, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork, Results. The City of Champaign is committed to promoting a work environment and a community that values and supports diversity and inclusion.