- Job Function: Deputy Chief Administrative Officer; Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: $109,000 - $149,000. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 70,000
- Where: 77489
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Mar 28 2019
Deadline: Apr 30 2019
Missouri City, TX (pop. 74,139) Strategically located, growing city with a rich Texas history seeks highly progressive, team oriented, local govern ment leaders to apply for its Assistant City Manager position. Located adjacent to Houston, Missouri City is primarily in Fort Bend County, though a portion of the city is in Harris County. The City is approximately 30 square miles with extra-territorial jurisdiction of an additional 24 square miles and is bordered by Sugar Land to the west and Arcola to the southeast. Missouri City is recognized nationally as one of the Safest Cities in America by Congressional Quarterly and one of the Best Places to Live in America by CNN/Money magazine.
• The Assistant City Manager is appointed by and reports to the City Manager. There are two Assistant City Managers, one with responsibility over Public Safety, Finance, solid Waste and Employee Engagement. The position in this recruitment will be responsible for oversight of Public Works, Transit and Mobility issues and regional relationships including the Houston Galveston Area council and the Fort Bend/Harris County Toll Road Authority.
• The City has a $136 million all funds total budget and is a full-service city including police, fire, public works, economic development, finance, human resources, innovation and technology, parks and recreation and development services. The City has numerous municipal utility districts that it closely works with to provide water and sewer utilities inside the city boundaries and in the city’s extraterritorial jurisdiction. The City has 369.5 full-time employees.
• The City’s mission is “To deliver superior customer service to all members of our diverse community.” In addition, the City’s vision is “To be known and recognized as a superior municipal organization.” In addition, the City has adopted a Code of Ideals that outlines the organization’s commitment to service, professionalism, innovation, respect, integrity and teamwork.
Candidates for the Missouri City Assistant City Manager position must have 5-7 years increasingly responsible experience in local government or closely related field. Experience in public works operations and/or oversight is highly valued along with experience with Municipal Utility Districts and economic development. A commitment to strategic planning, excellence in customer service and a desire for ongoing innovation in local government service delivery is also important. Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, engineering or related field. A master’s degree in public administration, business administration or another field is highly desired. Residency in Missouri City is not required. Salary range is $109,000 - $149,000 DOQ. Interested candidates should apply by April 30, 2019, with a resume, cover letter and contact information for 5 professional references to Heidi Voorhees, President, GovHR USA. Electronic submissions at www.govhrjobs.com.