- Job Function: Assistant to Manager/CAO
- Salary: $41,250 - $52,500. Starting Salary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 80,980
- Where: 500 W Big Beaver Rdn , Troy, MI
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Aug 2 2018
Deadline: Aug 22 2018
Applications are available at www.troymi.gov/jobopenings and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or turned into the Human Resources Department located at 500 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy, MI 48084. Your application is part of the review process; be sure it is complete. Attaching a resume is not required, however, all information requested on the application form must be completed (i.e. writing “see resume” is not sufficient).
The City Manager’s Office is a collaborative, creative, dynamic office where efforts are focused on accomplishing established City strategies, pursuing innovation and leading the administration of the City of Troy.
• Provides highly responsible and complex support to the City Manager by spearheading initiatives, managing projects/programs, conducting research and engaging in creative problem solving.
• Applies knowledge of public administration in municipal management to conduct research, review, analyze and initiate program or process evaluation.
• Assists in financial forecasting and strategic planning for the City. Prepares proposed work procedures, organizational structure, and service delivery methods. Identifies key elements of process improvement and guides process owners to develop metrics and track continuous improvement efforts.
• Plans and reviews the progress of assigned programs, including the development of City policies and procedures and managing special projects for the City Manager. Creates reports and presentations.
• Communicates and interacts with city management, residents, businesses, and community groups regularly. Applies excellent written and verbal communication skills in all situations.
• Exercises appropriate discretion around confidential information and materials.
• Attends City Council meetings and other meetings as required.
• Performs related work as required.
• Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field, from an accredited college or university. Applicants must submit proof of degree with application. Official transcript must be provided at time of interview.
• Three years recent full-time, paid local government management work experience
• Will also consider a Master of Public Administration degree with one year recent full-time, paid similar work experience, or other equivalent combinations of training and experience.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with others, apply exceptional communication skills in all situations and exercise discretion regarding confidential information.
• Must possess a valid Michigan driver license with a good driving record (based on City of Troy standards). . Out of state applicants must provide current driving record at time of application and obtain State of Michigan license within one (1) month of appointment.
• As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a background check and pre-employment physical.
• Prefer experience in project management, drafting/revising administrative policies/vision statements, strategic planning, and coordination of training or other events.
• Excellent computer skills and experience developing creative, high-quality presentations and marketing-related materials.
EVALUATION PROCESS consists of application review and interview.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER