- Job Function: Assistant to Manager/CAO; Other Department Head/Director
- Salary: $38,002 - $57,000.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 4,780
- Where: 118 North Main Street , Goddard, KS 67052
- Form of Government: Mayor-Council
Wanted: Aspiring City Manager!
This position is ideal for the aspiring City Manager. This position was created in 2010, with each “Assistant To” promoted to “Assistant” and accepted positions as City Administrator or as an Assistant City Manager for a larger community within 2-3 years. If you have recently completed an internship and are looking for the next career step or you are looking for an internship, please consider this position.
The City of Goddard, Kansas (Population 4,780), a growing community with west Wichita as a boundary, has an immediate opening for an Assistant To the City Administrator. Goddard is a family focused community, named the fastest growing community in Kansas by the US Census Bureau and is poised for significant growth. The job is full-time, FLSA exempt position, reporting to the City Administrator. Salary Range is $38,002 - $57,000.
• Gathers, interprets and prepares studies, reports, projects, and recommendations.
• Coordinates activities with City departments and outside agencies as required by the City Administrator.
• Assists the City Administrator in the duties and responsibilities for daily operations of City government.
• Makes presentations to supervisors, boards, commissions, civic groups and the general public.
• Attends meetings, both internally and externally as required by the City Administrator.
• Assists with Channel 7, website development and other marketing tools to create a comprehensive community brand.
• Manages and maintains the City website & social media.
• Assist department directors as assigned by the City Administrator.
• Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations including drafting policies and procedures.
• Assists with economic development aspects as assigned by the City Administrator, including developing promotional material and events.
• Participates in the preparation of the City’s annual budget and capital improvement program.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the City Administrator.
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and software applications and Microsoft Office programs/products.
• Able to multitask; work independently with drive and initiative.
• Capable of meeting deadlines, comprehending technical information and keeping detailed records.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain successful working relationships with employees, City officials, businesses and public.
• Knowledge of modern governmental principles practices and services.
• Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
• Understand City codes, ordinances and resolutions as well as explain them to citizens.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with the ability to attain a Kansas driver’s license within six months of employment.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master of Public Administration or related field preferred.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university, a Master of Public Administration preferred.
• 1-3 years experience in public administration field, urban planning, public finance or municipal government preferred but not required.
To apply please e-mail resume, cover letter, and three professional references to the City Clerk & Director of Human Resources Teri Laymon: firstname.lastname@example.org