- Job Function: Deputy Chief Administrative Officer; Administrative Services Director
- Credential: Required
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 867,000
- Website: http://www.austintexas.gov/
- Where: PO Box 1088n , Austin, TX
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION AND STREET DESIGN PROJECT COORDINATOR
City of Austin, Austin Transportation Department
The Austin Transportation Department’s Active Transportation and Street Design Division within the City of Austin has an opening for a full-time Project Coordinator. This position will assist with the implementation of the Imagine Austin Comprehensive Plan through supporting the implementation of multimodal mobility and safety projects. The Division focuses on the planning, design and implementation of bicycle, pedestrian, safe routes to school, and transit priority projects as well as education and encouragement programs that promote walking and bicycling. This position will coordinate implementation of projects scoped and publically vetted by the Division’s project designers. This position will be part of a two-person team to coordinate delivery for a large volume of projects in a deadline-driven environment. A significant portion of projects will be funded by the 2016 Mobility Bond.
The Project Coordinator will perform the following specific duties for a diverse array of projects:
• Coordinate project implementation using multiple flexible contracts.
• Coordinate project communications, activation of projects, and before-after reporting and evaluation.
• Coordinate management of contract capacity needs.
• Support project communication expectation management for internal and external stakeholders.
• Interpret design drawings/intent and inspect for proper installation.
• Manage project data and databases.
These projects will be to create on-street facilities (protected and conventional bicycle lanes, median refuge islands, pedestrian friendly geometry, transit queue jumps, rain gardens, etc.) with a focus on innovative design in a largely in retrofit environment.
The ideal candidate will bring the following preferred qualifications:
• Experience and interest in the design and/or implementation of bicycle, pedestrian, safe routes to school, and transit priority and more generally, multimodal transportation infrastructure.
• Familiarity with the state of the practice including the NACTO Urban Street Design Guide, Urban Bikeway Design Guide, Transit Street Design Guide; the AASHTO Guide for the Development of Bicycle Facilities and Guide for the Planning, Design, and Operation of Pedestrian Facilities; and relevant City / Capital Metro planning documents.
• Strong project/program coordination and management skills.
• Excellent communication, team working and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills written and verbal, ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent computer skills in Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; etc.
• Experience with Data Management, specifically with Microsoft Access Databases.
• Experience using Geographic Information Systems, specifically ArcMap.
Minimum qualifications include a degree in engineering, planning, architecture or related field plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture or related work. Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
To apply and be considered for this position, complete the on-line application and attached a resume and cover letter at www.austincityjobs.org. Application deadline is January 28th, 2018.