IT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Information Technology (IT) Operations Specialist is responsible for the effective operation of information technology services and support across the organization. The IT Operations Specialist serves as a technical expert for the implementation, maintenance and support of systems and networks. The IT Operations Specialist plans and carries out various complex assignments and develops new methods and approaches in a wide variety of IT specialties. Evaluates new and enhanced approaches to deliver IT services; test and optimize the functionality of systems, networks, and data; and define technical requirements. The IT Operations Specialist is responsible for providing various forms of computer-related technical assistance and improving the efficiency of the work of the staff through the use of technology.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the IT Operations Manager.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES--Essential and other important duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential duties and responsibilities
1. Assist in the implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions for organization business needs.
2. Monitor and audit resources, performance and logs to ensure the uniformity, reliability and security of systems and networks.
3. Provide internal IT support, technical advice and assistance to end-users within organization.
4. Research emerging technologies and participate in evaluation of new hardware, software and processes to meet, improve and enhance organization’s IT operations.
5. Assist in designing and creating various status and activity reports.
6. Prepare, create and update user/technical procedure documentation. Provide training to staff in the area of existing, new or modified computer systems or procedures.
7. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Information Technology principles, concepts and methods;
Information security principles and methods;
Mainstream hardware and software support such as HP, Dell, Windows OS, Linux, VMware;
Network protocols, routing and switching, encryption and other aspects of network security technologies;
Principles and methods of computer programming, coding and testing such as PowerShell, VB;
— Customer Focus
— Problem Solving
— Decision Making and Judgement
— Creative and Innovative Thinking
— Ethics and Integrity
— Adaptability and Flexibility
— Planning and Organizing
— Team Work
— Time Management
Experience and Training Guidelines
Experience: Experience in end-user support, network and systems administration
Training: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent, with major
coursework in computer science, information technology or a related field.
Work in a computer environment; sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; continuous exposure to computer screens.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
As a condition of employment, all Village employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must submit proof of vaccination or a completed exemption form. Those employees who are not fully vaccinated shall be required to participate in the Village’s COVID-19 testing program and wear a mask at all times in the workplace except when actively eating or drinking.