The Project Manager is responsible for leading project teams with members from across the organization. This individual is responsible for defining clear and attainable project objectives with stakeholders, creating or validating the project requirements, and managing the constraints and risks of the project to meet the objectives for quality, time, cost, and customer satisfaction. This individual creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Works with departments to identify resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities, manages day to day operational aspects of a project and scope. Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to influence others and quickly establish trust, credibility, and rapport are essential to the success of the Project Manager.
- Leads projects of either technical or non-technical subject matter, building collaborative work teams in a matrix environment from start to completion of the project
- Simultaneously delivers multiple projects of all sizes, engaging business process owners, business analyst and other key resources to meet schedule, scope, and budget for assigned projects.
- Identifies project scope, goals, deliverables, timelines and required resources
- Creates, distributes, and manages/maintains project plan, risk matrix, budget, communication plan, and issues log, and other necessary project documentation as needed.
- Accountability for the overall performance of projects against plan
- Prepares project reports/dashboards by collecting, analyzing, summarizing, and trending for daily, weekly, and monthly reports regarding assigned projects to appropriate managers and stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve risks and issues in a timely manner. Escalate concerns to the project team and senior management when appropriate.
- Manages client and vendor relationships
- Directing team’s deliveries to timelines and product quality, including responsiveness and professionalism towards both internal and external clients
- Leads all project/client/business partner meetings and conference calls, including but not limited to project kick‐off meetings,weekly and ad‐hoc meetings, Lessons Learned sessions, ensuring meeting minutes distributed, and action items are tracked and assigned accordingly.
- Manages and ensures the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior/executive management.
- Contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the Program Management Office
XPERIENCE AND EDUCATION GUIDELINES Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- 4+ years of proven project management experience, with a minimum of 3 years managing Information Technology projects
- 2+ years of proven business analysis, writing business and functional requirements
- Proven ability to successfully lead a multi-disciplinary project team from inception to implementation
- Methodical, quality minded, detail oriented, efficient, organized, highly productive, a true self‐starter
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical, and problem-solving skillset
- Proven ability to work well with users at all levels, both within the organization and the client community
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities, and complete tasks on time within a fast-paced environment.
- "Can do" attitude in approaching challenges
- Demonstrated understanding of project management tools, techniques, responsibilities, and tasks.
- Excellent comprehension (IT technical and/or general) of verbal (English Language) and written (English Language)instructions,processes,procedures, and policies.
- Excellent oral, written communications, and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical information
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Preferred experience in managing teams in a matrix environment
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver’s license required
- PMI/PMP accreditation preferred.
POSITION SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday 8 to 5.