The City of Eagle Point is seeking a highly qualified and motivated professional to add to our team. We are seeking the right person to fill the position of Public Works Director.
This position plans, organizes and directs, the functions of the Public Works Department, and implements procedures and practices to provide services in engineering, domestic water, stormwater, streets, and parks and recreation facilities. Additional duties include assuring the efficient and economical use of departmental funds and operations, as well as accomplishing short-term and long-range planning, and public facility planning.
The position works under the general direction of the City Administrator and supervises personnel in the Public Works Department including streets, stormwater, domestic water utility, and parks. The position provides direct supervision of the Public Operations Supervisor and indirect supervision of all personnel within the Public Works Department. The Director provides work assignments and employee evaluations for Public Works employees working with and through the Public Works Operations Supervisor and other subordinate staff.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in municipal government public works operations, civil engineering, or equivalent education, training, and experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• State licensure as a P.E. is preferred.
• Experience or knowledge in Project Management.
• Knowledge of civil engineering principals, water utility operations, street maintenance, construction practices and techniques, project management, stormwater systems, and general operations of a municipal public works department.
• Ability to schedule capital projects for the fiscal year. Ability to schedule, monitor, and complete those projects in a timely manner and within budget.
• Ability to effectively apply management techniques, supervise personnel, and ensure that the department adheres to local, state and federal laws, departments rules, city codes, and policies.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and the public in a courteous and professional manner, to provide great customer service.
• Skills necessary to effectively perform the duties and responsibilities of the position include excellent oral and written communication skills, management and supervision skills, public presentation skills, computer skills sufficient to proficiently use word processing, spreadsheets, database, and financial applications.
• Ability to use all Microsoft products.
The complete job description contains core duties. The position brochure provides information about the City of Eagle Point as well as additional information about the position. Both of the documents can be found on the City's website.