We’re looking for a creative, motivated and resourceful professional with excellent skills working with vulnerable populations to take on the new role of Human Services Manager. The Human Services Manager is responsible for managing the City’s resources and working with external agencies to meet the needs of Mountain View’s most vulnerable residents while improving the quality of life for all residents. Working in collaboration with a network of community-based service providers, the Human Services Manager will assist homeless, unstably housed and other vulnerable residents through development and coordination of housing, mental health and other basic need human services. If you are a collaborator, a connector and a solution finder – this new position is the opportunity for you!
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social services, social work, psychology, public health, sociology, public administration, administration of justice or a related field.
• Four years of increasingly responsible experience in human services program development and management.
• A valid California Driver License.
• A master’s degree in a directly related field.
• Bilingual skills.
What You'll Do
• Help lead development of a comprehensive homelessness response strategy that includes housing, services, and an expenditure and funding plan.
• Manage the City’s contracted safe parking program that is the largest in the County.
• Administer the City’s local minimum wage program and support development of the City’s Wage Theft Ordinance.
• Help coordinate and organize community-based organizations, faith-based assistance and nonprofit groups to support the goal of assisting the City’s most vulnerable residents.
• Coordinate mental/behavioral health initiatives, including collaborating with the County and neighboring cities on alternative responses to mental health crises and with the Community Services Department on implementation of a youth wellness action plan.
• Coordinate with the Community Development and Finance and Administrative Services Departments to administer general fund public service grant agreements for nonprofit agencies serving Mountain View residents.
• Administration and coordination of the City’s homeless and unstably housed programs including monthly reporting, contract and lease agreement administration, budget monitoring and development, communications and outreach, and related activities.