MANAGEMENT ANALYST I/II
(Planning and Building Manager
Planning & Building Department)
**The Town of Yountville has one (1) position available which will be filled as either an Assistant/Associate Planner or Management Analyst I/II level based on applicant pool & experience.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Nestled in the heart of the Napa Valley among vineyards between the Mayacamas Mountains and the Napa River, the Town of Yountville (pop. 3000), in Northern California Wine Country, is a community that cares about its citizens, businesses and visitors. Yountville offers a variety of well-maintained neighborhood parks that include outdoor recreational amenities including bocce ball, volleyball, pickle-ball, tennis, basketball courts, children's play equipment and reservable picnic areas. Yountville is a great place to eat and shop, and it is host to a variety of exciting events throughout the year. You'll also find the Napa Valley Museum and Lincoln Theater. Take a moment to relax on the outdoor patio of one of many great restaurants and watch brightly colored hot air balloons take flight.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The mission of the Planning and Building Department is to provide professional and equitable administration of the Town of Yountville's codes while fostering creative and diverse design and uses for an exceptional, safe, and livable built environment.
In addition to forward planning, the Department responds to current development applications and the permitting process. Most remodels, additions, and replacement go through a design review process before the Zoning and Design Review Board (ZDRB), the Department manages the architectural design review process. In addition to the Planning division, the Department manages the building permit and inspection process.
The Department is responsible for the management of affordable housing development. Code Enforcement is an active part of the planning and building department and typically includes review of short-term rentals and other typical building infractions. The Department includes the Planning and Building Director, Planning Manager, Assistant Planner, and contract Building Inspector and Plans Examiner.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Town seeks an exceptional and hardworking individual to provide professional level management and administration support. The selected person should feel comfortable utilizing digital maps, GIS, permitting software, and be aware of innovative technologies to improve processes.
The Planning Manager will manage the development and code enforcement of the Town’s codes in accordance with State law and the adopted development programs. This position reports to the Planning and Building Director and manages small programs. Major focus areas include the implementation and administration of land use and development policies and regulations, assisting residents, developers, and real estate professionals with land use questions and procedures and conducting environmental review. Governments, County of Napa, Napa Sanitation District, LAFCO and Napa County Transportation and Planning Agency. Key projects for the Planning Manager include preparation of a Housing Element update, redevelopment of the Yountville Elementary School Site, and infill housing.
- Professional Level Work - Ability to perform professional level work in the field of current and advanced planning; conduct special projects and research as assigned; and prepare reports and recommendations to Boards and Council.
- Planning Knowledge and Skill - Knowledge of principles and practices of land use planning; and keep up with current developments and trends in planning.
- Attention to Detail – Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks. Technology – Ability to rely on appropriate technology methods, such as GIS, and make interactive story and infrastructure maps.
- Planning & Organizing Small Programs–Establish a process to administer the rental permit, use permit compliance, and parking management programs.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); able to adjust effectively.
- Enforcement – Manage code compliance and be capable of administering fines and penalties.
- Responsible – Be responsible for preparation of agendas, staff reports, and public posting process.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Management Analyst I: $82,101-$99,795
Management Analyst II: $99,795-$121,302
In addition to the base salary range, the Town offers additional salary benefits including:
• CalPERS Retirement -2% @ 55 for CalPERS for classic members, 2& @ 62 for Pepra members
• Health/Dental: Health 90% of premium paid by Town up to amount of Kaiser Health Plan; 100%Dental paid by Town.
• Deferred Compensation: Up to 7% contribution by Town to match employee contribution. Example: salary of $82,101 could have a contribution of up to $5,747 per year.
• Annual Paid Time Off:80 hours or 2 weeks of vacation
• 80 hours, or 2 weeks of management leave 96 hours or 12 days of sick leave 112 hours, 11 regular and 3 floating days of holidays per year, for a total of 40 days or 320 hours of paid time off per year
• Additional Benefits: STD/LTD Life Insurance, Retiree Medical Program, Wellness Program, and Cell Phone Stipend, Technology Stipend
**The Town has a hybrid work environment.**