ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Town Clerk Department provides the Town oversight of legislative proceedings and professional support to the Town Council, Town Manager, and Town Staff. As the Elections Official and Filing Officer, the Town Clerk administers municipal elections campaign finance and conflict of interest regulations. As the Records Manager, the Department administers the Towns Records Management Program to maintain the integrity of documented actions of the legislative bodies, and accessibility of information to the public. The department performs all mandated functions under the United States Constitution, the Constitution of the State of California, State Codes, and the Yountville Municipal Code.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Ideal candidates for this newly created position will have a record of successfully demonstrating the following competencies:
• Emotional Intelligence - Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others' emotions and behavior; using insights to effectively manage own responses so that one's behavior matches one's values and delivers intended results.
• Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Adapting quickly to change and easily consider innovative ways.
• Political Acumen - Exhibiting confidence and professional diplomacy, while effectively relating to people at all levels internally and externally.
• Technology Savvy - Using practical knowledge and understanding of recent technology tools, solutions and trends to improve work results, solve work problems, and take advantage of opportunities to enhance services.
• Attention to Detail – Follows procedures, ensures high-quality output, and takes action.
• Valuing Differences - Developing and maintaining effective relationships and relating well to others from varied backgrounds and in different situations; showing understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and civility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Collaborate with the Town Clerk to implement and coordinate projects, programs, software, policies and procedures.
• Perform functions in support of the Town Clerk including preparation & distribution of Town Council Agendas & Packets, attend Town Council meetings and prepare minutes, prepare proclamations, process ordinances, resolutions, staff reports and post public hearing notices.
• Function as the Town Clerk in their absence, including performing all essential legal and statutory duties required of the Town Clerk; attending Town Council meetings, representing the Town Clerk in interdepartmental, community and professional meetings as required; witnessing signatures or legal documents, certify public documents for public agencies and others.
• Respond to citizen complaints and requests for information. Work with other Town departments to develop & maintain forms & workflows with Laserfiche records management software.
• Act as Records Coordinator by administering the Records and Information Management Program (RIM) and all aspects associated with the Town's Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) to ensure high level of quality control for Town records.
• Participate in the preparation of the department budget; monitor contracts and office expenditures.
• Serve as Assistant Public Information Officer (PIO) during emergencies to prepare and distribute emergency information; maintaining close contact with media representatives, organizing periodic press conferences as required; issuing information releases for the media; and overseeing preparation activities associated with the operation of the Public Information Center.
• Assist the Town Clerk in planning and conducting periodic City elections, initiative, recall and referendum petitions and other legal requirements.
• Provide professional management support for special projects under direction of the Town Manager
SALARY & BENEFITS
Management Analyst I/II: $82,101-$121,302 (DOE)
(Deputy Town Clerk/Records Coordinator)
**Plus additional 7% deferred compensation match**
• CalPERS Retirement: 2% @ 55 for CalPERS for classic members, 2@62 for Pepra members
• Health/Dental: Health 90% of premium paid by Town up to amount of Kaiser Health Plan; 100% Dental paid by Town.
• Deferred Compensation: Up to 7% contribution by Town to match employee contribution.
• Example: salary of $82,101 could have a contribution of up to $5,747 per year.
• Vacation Leave: A minimum of 10 days annual paid vacation leave.
• Administrative Leave: 80 hours annually
• Sick Leave: 12 days annually
• Holidays: 11 paid holidays plus three floating holidays annually.
• Additional Benefits: STD/LTD Life Insurance, Retiree Medical Program, Wellness Program, Cell Phone Stipend, and Technology Stipend
Visit www.townofyountville.com and click on Job Opportunities under What's New. A first review of applications will be upon receipt. Please submit your completed application, resume, cover letter, and professional references to Julie Baldia, Human Resources, electronically at email@example.com