GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Leads the organization and is responsible for all aspects of the Lake County Water Authority. Manages, directs, plans, and supervises all activities, programs and personnel of the Lake County Water Authority. Is responsible for ensuring compliance with all Board-directed policies, procedures and regulations. Plans, directs, and/or prepares special reviews, reports involving staff activities, data and program analysis, budgets, contracts, and other related documents and makes recommendations to Trustees or implements actions accordingly. Acts as the Authority’s representative to public, private and civic organizations. Develops and makes presentations on Authority programs and projects, and water resource topics. Reports directly to a seven (7) member elected Board of Trustees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for department heads, technical, administrative, and field personnel.
• Coordinates and directs all legal-related issues with the Trustees' legal representative to ensure that the interests of the Authority are protected.
• Responsible for the preparation, review and update of the budget, and monitors expenditures accordingly to ensure fiscal prudence of the Authority's financial affairs.
• Responsible for final decisions on HR functions including hiring and terminations.
• Responsible for preparation and oversight of all legislative and Special District reports, records, and related matters.
• Responsible for development of action plans for Board consideration on all Authority activities and projects.
• Coordinates and executes all Board legal issues with attorney.
• Represents the Authority and its Trustees by routinely speaking on Authority activities and topics of public interest.
• Represents the Authority's interests at public events, on committees, and meetings related to Trustees concerns.
• Responsible for complete oversight of Authority projects and activities from contracts to completion
• Performs other duties as required by the Board of Trustees of the Lake County Water Authority.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration, Management or related field; and
• Experience in areas of natural resource planning & management, engineering, computer science, geographic information systems, contract administration, financial, administrative applications, public speaking; or
• Any equivalent combination of related education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job junctions.
• Considerable knowledge of local government or public administration is highly desirable.
• Technical project management and personnel management experience required.
Pay Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience (37.5 hours per week). Includes an excellent benefits package and participates in the Florida Retirement System.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace/Veterans Preference
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Professional development assistance
• Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
• A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Position is open until filled.