Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Responsible for developing, administering and coordinating activities related to Community Development Block Grant [CDBG] and other grant-funded programs for the Village; supervises Grants Coordinator; provides direction as needed to consultants under the immediate direction of the Development Customer Services Department’s Neighborhood Services Division Manager. Acts as staff liaison when assigned to advisory boards and commissions on grants-related issues and programs.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision from the Development Customer Services Department’s Neighborhood Services Division Manager and the Director of the Development Customer Services Department.
Supervises lower-level CDBG Programs staff at the direction of the DCS Neighborhood Services Manager.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES--Essential and other important duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential duties and responsibilities
1. Supervises assigned Village staff.
2. Prepares, monitors and enforces contracts with service providers and consultants.
3. Directs and coordinates evaluation, financial monitoring and administration of federal and state grant-funded programs.
4. Develops and implements goals, objectives, policies, procedures and priorities regarding grant-funded programs for the Village.
5. Reviews information regarding available funds from governmental agencies to determine feasibility of developing programs and/or grant applications to supplement annual budget allocations.
6. Informs the DCS Director and DCS Neighborhood Services Manager of grant-funded programs, their requirements and sources of available funds; with approval and direction from the Neighborhood Services Manager, informs citizen and advisory committees of grant-funded programs, their requirements and sources of available funds.
7. Confers with the grantor and parties affected by grant-funded programs to develop program goals and objectives consistent and/or compliant with grant requirements, and supervises or performs the actions necessary to obtain grant funding.
8. Prepares and submits grant-funded proposals to the DCS Neighborhood Services Division Manager for approval; upon approval and direction from the Neighborhood Services Manager, writes grant applications in required format and submits applications to funding agencies.
9. Maintains appropriate records and files required by grants.
1. Meets with representatives of funding sources to develop and document grant proposal details.
2. Writes reports to comply with grant requirements.
3. Monitors and evaluates documents, financial records and other information associated with grant- funded programs.
4. Assumes primary responsibility for the ongoing financial management of grants.
Community Development Block Grant programs and other federal and state grant programs.
Operational characteristics, services and activities of a CDBG program.
Management skills to analyze programs, policies and operational needs.
Principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration. Methods of research, program analysis, and report preparation.
Pertinent Federal, State and Village codes and ordinances.
Electronic file systems and data base creation.
Modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment including word processing internet and spreadsheets.
Methods of accounting.
Ensure that best in class customer service is provided to both internal and external customers and embrace, support, and promote the Village’s core values, beliefs, and culture.
Interpret and explain complex federal guidelines.
Multi-task, coordinating multiple projects concurrently.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with a wide rage of cultures and personalities.
Develop and administer goals, objectives and procedures.
Prepare and administer large and complex budgets.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
Research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Experience: Managing and supervising experience of five years plus five years of increasingly responsible experience in grant writing and monitoring of grant funded programs. Experience administering a CDBG program is required. AND
Training: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public administration, accounting, economics, urban planning, business management, or a related field. Master’s degree is desired.
Work in an office environment; sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time.