TOWN OF SNOW HILL, MARYLAND
TOWN MANAGER POSITION
The Town of Snow Hill seeks a dynamic and well-qualified municipal management professional to serve as Town Manager to help build upon recent successes and chart a path for future opportunities. Serving as the county seat of Worcester County, Maryland’s only seaside county, Snow Hill is an idyllic historic community located along the picturesque Pocomoke River and home to more than 2,000 residents, who enjoy exceptional schools and diverse, safe, and friendly neighborhoods.
Reporting directly to the Mayor, the position manages the day-to-day operations and administration of this full-service community, including police, public works and parks, water and wastewater services, and administrative services. The Town Manager oversees 21 full-time employees and 7 part-time employees, and a budget of approximately $3.3 million (general fund and water/sewer). The Town Manager is appointed by the Mayor and three-member Town Council.
The ideal candidate will:
• Exemplify a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Foster effective communication and cooperation with Mayor, Town Council, town employees and community members.
• Exhibit strong leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Possess excellent presentation skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge of information technology and the use of social media.
• Embrace innovation and be an “idea” person.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Public Administration, Business Administration, Business Planning, or closely related field with five (5) years or more years of progressively responsible experience in municipal management.
• Exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing, including the ability to actively listen, communicate, and work with diverse stakeholder groups including residents, employees, and the local business community.
• Extensive knowledge of municipal management operations, including but not limited to supervisory management, infrastructure maintenance and development, budgeting, finance, growth management, public safety, and public works.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory and fiscal management experience.
• An active member of the community and residency in Snow Hill.
• ICMA-Credentialed Manager designation.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000, commensurate with qualifications.
For more information on the job description and qualifications visit www.snowhillmd.gov and scroll to “View our Job Postings.” Open until filled with first consideration June 25, 2021.