West Goshen Township, a 2nd Class Township, located in Chester County, PA is looking for a highly motivated, Assistant Township Manager to provide administrative and leadership support to the Township Manager and elected five-member Board of Supervisors.
The Assistant Township Manager will be responsible for, including, but not limited to: supervising and monitoring the day to day activities of assigned Departments; researching, planning and developing projects; the writing and administration of grants; assisting in budget preparation; administering environmental projects; attending Township meetings with the Board of Supervisors, Township and government authorities; serve as liaison to assigned Township Boards and Commissions; assisting in the direction and supervision of all Departments and other activities of the municipality. The position will also serve as the Assistant Township Secretary and will be responsible for compiling meeting minutes for Board of Supervisors public meetings.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated leadership experience; the ability to exercise good judgment and tact when responding to Township resident and commercial constituent inquiries; the proficiency to learn new concepts and ideas concerning local government; and be able to effectively organize, complete and evaluate technical assignments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or Business Administration from an accredited College or University.
• 2-3 years of experience in local government administration in a supervisory capacity.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet applications.
• Valid Pennsylvania Class C Driver’s License.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Master’s Degree in Public Administration or Business Administration from an accredited College or University.
• 3-5 years of management and supervisory experience in local government administration.
• Experience in municipal finance administration.
• Experience in grant writing and administration.
• Experience in environmental projects administration.