Under general supervision, provides inspection services of buildings, facilities, and structures to protect the residents of Pinellas Park and Kenneth City in the specialized field of plumbing construction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or GED required. Five (5) years experience in the construction industry.
• Must obtain provisional state certification license for a building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing inspector and plans examiner (other than building) within three (3) months from date of hire. Must obtain standard state certifications prior to expiration of provisional state certification license.
• Employees are required to pass the National Incident Management System (NIMS) training courses identified for their position and listed in the most recent version of the NIMS Training Guide within one (1) year of placement into this position.
• Requires a valid Florida driver license.
• Requires travel throughout the City and work within an office environment. Work involves a moderate amount of physical effort; regularly required to reach, kneel, stoop, pull, climb a ladder, and lift/carry objects up to 60 pounds without assistance.
• This position is assigned the status of Emergency Critical Personnel for the purpose of work assigned before, during, and after a disaster-related event.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Inspects work for local, state, and national code compliance; consults and relays both oral and written results to contractors for proper corrections of code violations; drives from office to construction sites in two cities to make inspections; responds to complaints; enters into computer systems data indicating results of inspection and review.
• Makes appointments with contractors; checks for old permits in the filing system; explains rejected inspections to the contractor and/or owner; fills out daily sheet and files them.
• Provides professional guidance in the protection and enhancement of the City’s urban forest pertaining to proper management, selection, planting, and maintenance of trees; administers those sections of the City Land Development Code pertaining to the specific area of inspection specialty; inspects installations to assure safety and compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the applicable Code for each of the specialty areas within the construction industry (e.g. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, building, engineering, gas, etc.).
• Knowledge of the individual city and their regulations.
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, statutes, regulations, rules, policies, and procedures.
• Skill in interpreting architectural, blueprint, schematic, and diagrammatic drawings.
• Skill in following oral and written instructions.
• Skill in operating computer hardware and software.
• Skill in developing and maintaining effective interpersonal relations. Skill in oral communications in both one-on-one and group situations.
• Skill in written communications for both administrative and technical purposes.