This position will primarily be responsible for providing enterprise wide oversight and leadership for priority projects and initiatives in the County Manager’s Office. Examples include affordable housing, economic opportunity, and the disposition and redevelopment of County real estate. In addition, the incumbent will provide support to the County Manager on other projects as needed.
• Develop methods for tracking key milestones and outcomes for affordable housing initiatives
• Represent the County Manager at meetings and convenings on affordable housing
• Coordinate activities on affordable housing across County departments to ensure consistency and alignment
• Prepare and present reports and updates to the Executive Team and Board of County Commissioners on affordable housing activities.
• Partnering with Public Information staff to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
• Track County’s activities to the Leading on Opportunity Report and make recommendations on new initiatives and programs
• Track and coordinate all redevelopment projects for the County Manager; ensure projects remain on schedule
• Represent the County Manager on redevelopment projects with external stakeholders
• Maintains thorough knowledge and understanding project funding sources and the availability of funds for all relevant projects
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public administration or closely related field.
• 5 years of progressively responsible experience, in a public sector or non-profit organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects
• Demonstrated experience working in a dynamic, fast paced environment where priorities can change quickly
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
• Ability to facilitate one-on-one and group interactions
• Experience interacting with elected officials highly desirable
• Strong Influencing skills
• Able to effectively analyze, communicate, navigate, negotiate and network internally and externally
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong ability to analyze large quantities of data
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Skills to prepare, manage and maximize a budget
• Demonstrated strategic leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
Travel required, occasional overnight stay required
Mecklenburg County-Human Resources Department has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the job described. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Mecklenburg County reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks, as the County may deem appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment.