DEPUTY COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR: Reporting to the County Administrator, this position is responsible for providing complex and senior level direction to the activities of high profile, significant County departments or functions impacting a large area and range of services. Incumbent plans, directs, coordinates and manages all activities related to assigned County departments or functions including the development and oversight of programs critical to the County’s ongoing operation. Assists in development of strategic direction and goals, establishes broad organizational policies and procedures, and works with division and department directors to implement Council directives. Provides budget oversight and planning. Represents the County in various meetings, committees, and community events. Develops and maintains positive relationships with other local, regional, and state organizations and members of the community.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred (equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree)
• Seven (7) years of related executive level experience
• Must have knowledge of leadership, budgeting, strategic planning and government administration principles and practices
• Must have knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. Beaufort County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.