Human Resources Director – Dunn County, WI (pop. 44,806) Dunn County, located in West-Central Wisconsin, is a largely rural county with several incorporated communities. The City of Menomonie (pop. 16,429) serves as the county seat and is located one hour from Minneapolis-St. Paul and thirty minutes from Eau Claire, WI on the I-94 corridor. The County offers a high quality of life with numerous recreation opportunities, as well as two institutions of higher education, Chippewa Valley Technical College and University of Wisconsin-Stout (student pop. 9,619).
The County is seeking a collaborative and accessible human resource professional to manage a comprehensive range of personnel services for a workforce of more than 550 regular full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees. The County provides a full range of services including public safety, corrections, court services, health and human services, county buildings and parks, highway, transit, a County-owned nursing facility, environmental services, child support, and general administrative services.
Key areas of responsibility include recruiting and hiring, employee development and retention, employee compensation and benefits, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity, labor and employee relations, risk management, and safety and employee services. The position directs the County’s full complement of personnel services and manages a staff of five HR professionals. The position reports to the County Manager and is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, along with the County Manager and Chief Financial Officer.
The County is seeking an energetic, ethical and experienced leader with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
• Be comfortable working in a fast-paced and team oriented environment;
• Have a record of problem solving and decisiveness tempered by approachability.
Candidates should also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business or public administration or closely related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience that brings the knowledge, abilities, skills and leadership to the delivery of contemporary personnel services; PHR/SPHR or SHRM-SCP credentials are a plus;
• At least six years of experience in the human resources field, with three years of supervisory experience in a similar sized organization; and
• Familiarity and experience working with labor unions.
The starting salary range is $85,342 - $111,966 +/- DOQ, plus excellent benefits. Candidates should apply by September 20, 2019 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. Dunn County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.