New for FY20!
Performs complex professional administrative work in assisting with a broad range of administrative and management functions of County government. Work is performed under the general direction of the County Administrator. Provides advice and guidance to department directors and coordinates and manages assigned functions.
The requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, those outlined below. All job qualifications and physical requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It is the employer's discretion to add or change the duties or requirements of this position at any time.
- Direct reports include various department heads and other personnel as assigned;
- Acts as County liaison to various outside agencies and entities as assigned;
- Provides information and analysis for decision making;
- Assists with coordination of major capital improvement projects and special projects as directed by the County Administrator;
- Represents the county on various community related organizations, serves on various county boards and committees;
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and control of the County operating budget;
- Works with and through various internal departments and outside agencies to resolve complicated issues for citizens, businesses, and elected and appointed officials;
- Contributes to the overall effectiveness of County Administration by participating in staff and Board of Supervisors meetings, preparing policy recommendations for review by County Administrator and the Board of Supervisors, and reporting on activities and items of concern and interest;
- Assists in daily operation of the County Administrator's office.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in business, public administration, or a related field preferred, supplemented by considerable experience in similar professional environments.
Experience: Considerable experience in similar professional environments.