Project Manager – Workforce & Incentives
Economic Development Department
Salary Range: $78,496 - $103,296 annually.
Starting salary is $78,496 - $95,503 (depending upon qualifications), plus full benefits package.
Position is subject to final council approval on June 18, 2019.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
The City of Hillsboro is seeking a skilled collaborator and connector who will lead the City’s efforts to connect local employers with educational and workforce development partners to support economic development efforts and provide community benefit.
Hillsboro is often recognized as a best place to live and is one of the key economic engines of the State of Oregon. Hillsboro is home to numerous thriving industries including computers and electronics, advanced manufacturing, software and information technology, and biosciences and medical devices. Incentive and workforce programs are an integral part of making Hillsboro a competitive location when recruiting businesses or helping local businesses expand. The City plays an increasingly active role in connecting local employers with educational, and workforce development partners as well as appropriate incentive programs and seeks a project manager to head these efforts.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
• Bring strong skills in building workforce programs, working with numerous partners, and seeing projects and programs through from inception to implementation.
• Be able to identify and align resources with the workforce goals of business, secondary and higher education, and of the City to effectively meet the community’s workforce needs.
In this role you will work with other City Economic Development Staff, the Hillsboro School District, Portland Community College, Higher Education Institutions and other workforce development organizations to create a workforce development ecosystem that aligns the training programs and needs of our community members with the workforce skills and needs sought by existing and future companies operating within the City.
Current projects include:
1) Supporting and engaging with the Hillsboro Advanced Manufacturing Workgroup, a group comprised of more than a dozen local employers’ human resources and operations staff, state and local workforce development partners, and area educators.
2) A feasibility analysis for two potential joint workforce training facilities, one focused around high technology and advanced manufacturing and the other around applied healthcare.
3) Working with existing partners and programs such as Centro De Prosperidad, an economic empowerment center that develops workforce and advancement opportunities for Hillsboro residents.
4) Developing and implementing an external trainee program within Hillsboro’s business community.
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in this class is to focus on project management responsibilities. Incumbents, as assigned, are responsible for development, coordination, and implementation of ongoing projects including report writing and presentation, conducting research; providing citizen service and project management related to City resources and may be responsible for overseeing designated projects, programs and resources. Incumbents serve as supervisors overseeing staff and conducting performance evaluations.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field and 4 years experience related to area of assignment including supervisory responsibility; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Possession of a valid State Driver’s License and safe driving record.