The ICMA Insights™ comparative performance management and analytics platform is no longer available for new enrollments or renewals. Because the practice of local government performance management is one of the key pillars of professionalism, however, ICMA is building consensus around the key metrics local governments should collect. With an agreed-upon set of metrics, cities and counties can compare with one another, share successful practices, and continuously improve public service delivery and internal efficiencies.
ICMA offers a wide array of other resources to assist local governments in their performance management programs and activities, and we invite you to take advantage of them:
- Browse the Performance Management topic to see documents, articles, questions and answers, and other features.
- Access a collection of Top Resources to see practical tips and case studies to inform your local government performance management initiatives.
- Check out the Performance Management and Analytics blog to hear from managers and others with ideas, perspectives, and advice to share. Subscribe to the blog and you’ll receive updates delivered to your email inbox.
- Search the Online Store by topic for digital publications.
- Consider applying to the Certificates in Performance Management program, which recognizes jurisdictions committed to collecting, using, and sharing performance information.
- Learn how to join forces with your peer jurisdictions to form a comparative performance consortium to benchmark with others.
- Read more in this issue of Public Management magazine devoted to the topic.
For information, contact email@example.com.