WHEN: July 15-27; WHERE: Charlottesville; UVA Darden School - Sponsors Hall
The Senior Executive Institute (SEI) of the Cooper Center for Public Service at the University of Virginia
The world of the public manager and leader is evolving at a speed that baffles and challenges.
- Local governments are increasingly being asked to do more with less.
- Federal and state support is declining.
- Citizens are demanding a more caring, responsive government.
- New technology is revolutionizing communication.
To respond to these forces, our local governments must become laboratories for a new style of organization - one grounded in basic democratic values and guided by a collective vision of community-building and empowerment.
To take our communities confidently into the future, public leaders and executives must adopt a proactive approach to change both inside the public organization and outside in the community. They must invest the time and resources required for themselves and their leadership team to create and maintain a continuously improving, learning organization.
Through our programs, the Senior Executive Institute (SEI) of the Cooper Center for Public Service at the University of Virginia offers an integrated approach to professional development for local government leaders and managers.
Please contact Carmie Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Jul 15, 2018 - Jul 27, 2018
- 12:00 pm 12:00 pm ET
- 100 Darden Blvd, - Sponsors Hall
- Charlottesville VA
- Member Price:Not available
- Non-Member:Not available