This ICMA University Online Classroom webinar provides tools to help make informed decisions about your organization's retiree health care programs.
Every day, 10,000 Baby Boomers turn 65, and even with Medicare they can expect to face significant health care expenses in retirement. However, many jurisdictions are struggling to honor their commitments to the men and women who have taught our children, tended our parks, and protected our homes. As health care costs rise, many do not have a viable plan to support this benefit into the future, and are met with the new challenge of accounting for future unfunded liabilities in retiree health plan costs.
Join Marianne Steger, former health care director of the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System, as she discusses:
- How a simple stress test can help you determine the viability of your retiree health care program
- The individual Medicare marketplace: An alternative to consider if the status quo isn’t an option
- Actions you can take now to ensure sustainability
- Marianne Steger, M.S., CEBS, Director of Public Sector and Labor Strategy, Willis Towers Watson, Former Director of Healthcare for the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
This webinar will cover the following Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership: (7) Strategic Planning; (12) Financial Management and Budgeting; (13) Human Resources Management and Workforce Engagement.
- Jan 29, 2020 - Jan 29, 2020
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 01/30/2020
- Member Price:$149.00