This ICMA University Online Classroom webinar provides strategies to improve pay equity in your organization.
Over the last year, scores of states across the country have passed pay equity laws, indicative of a growing trend towards equality in the workplace. Under these laws, employers are required to pay men and women equally for jobs of comparable value based on levels of skill and education, effort, responsibility, and working conditions. As these laws become increasingly prevalent, local governments should be prepared to review and, if necessary, update their compensation policies to ensure compliance.
During this session, you will discuss:
- Pay equity and its meaning in a municipal context
- Making pay equity compensation decisions and pay plans
- How to conduct a self-evaluation audit to help prevent gender discrimination in salary/wages
- Strategies states have implemented to address pay equity
- Carol M. Granfield, ICMA-CM, Principal Consultant, Municipal Resources, Inc.
- Aleksandra Stapczynski, Founder and President, Human Resources Services, Inc. (HRS)
- September 05, 2019
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 09/06/2019
- Member Price:$149.00