This ICMA University Online Classroom webinar provides strategies for creating community and political will for sports, parks and recreation projects.
In this session, city manager Charles Penny along with Dev Pathik and Evan Eleff of the Sports Facilities Advisory will provide local government leaders with strategies for creating and harnessing community and political will for sports, recreation, events, wellness, or parks projects during project planning and development. Speakers will highlight real-world examples from their body of work in city/county government across the United States. Attendees will take away:
- Strategies for controlling the message and narrative
- The importance of data for combating misinformation
- Early stakeholder engagement best practices
- PR strategies for creating community support
- Charles Penny, City Manager, Statesboro, Georgia
- Dev Pathik, CEO, Sports Facilities Advisory
- Evan Eleff, COO, Sports Facilities Advisory
This webinar will cover the following Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership: (2) Community Engagement; (9) Community and Resident Service; (10) Service Delivery.
- February 25, 2020
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 02/26/2020
- Member Price:$149.00