This ICMA University Online Classroom webinar provides insight on implementing smart community strategies.
Despite operating on smaller budgets and facing unique challenges compared to larger municipalities such as New York or London, small and midsize jurisdictions can still implement smart community strategies through careful planning and innovative use of technology. ICMA and SIEMENS have partnered for a new white paper on this topic, featuring profiles of smart communities such as Bellevue, Washington and Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom.
Join speakers from the cities of Portland, Maine and Bellevue, Washington, along with staff members from ICMA and Siemens, as they review key findings from this white paper (available for download here).
During this session, you will discuss:
- How communities have leveraged technology to increase operational efficiencies
- Developing partnerships and funding arrangements to share the risks and rewards of technology investments
- Using the Internet of Things to improve service delivery
- Promoting your community as a testing ground for new ideas
- Lena Geraghty, director of innovation and performance management, City of Portland, ME
- Chelo Picardal, chief technology officer, City of Bellevue, WA
- Jessica Johnston, program director, ICMA
- Peter Torrellas, national business manager for state and local government, Siemens
NOTE: This webinar is complimentary thanks to a sponsorship from an ICMA Strategic Partner who will have access to registration information.
- August 29, 2019
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 08/30/2019
- Member Price:$0.00