This FREE ICMA University webinar will share strategies for keeping your recycling programs sustainable.
China Sword continues to impact recycling programs across America, following its introduction in 2018. As a continuation of our series of ICMA Webinars with Republic Services on this topic, we will update you on current market dynamics, take a look at the economic and program impacts from China Sword, and see what municipalities and recycling companies are doing to manage the changes. We will also offer suggestions on how cities can structure more successful partnerships to address these new market realities and keep recycling sustainable in your community.
During this session, you will discuss:
- What is China Sword, and how does it impact my municipality?
- The short term and longer term impacts of these changes on the recycling industry
- The importance of public education on helping manage and mitigate impacts from China Sword
- The tools used to evaluate progress towards long-term goals
- Pete Keller, vice president, recycling and sustainability, Republic Services
- Richard Coupland III, vice president, municipal sales, Republic Services
*This webinar is complimentary thanks to a sponsorship from an ICMA Strategic Partner who will have access to registration information.
- December 12, 2019
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 12/13/2019
- Member Price:$0.00