[Rescheduled] Complimentary ICMA Coaching Webinar
What we'll cover:
- Effects of unconscious bias in the workplace
- Ways bias impacts policies, actions, and our communities
- Effective steps to make local government fairer for all
- Tansy Hayward, Assistant City Manager, City of Raleigh, NC; Chair ICMA Task Force on Strengthening Inclusiveness in the Profession
- Veronica Briseno, Director, Department of Small and Minority Business Resources, City of Austin, TX; President Local Government Hispanic Network
- Patricia Efiom, Equity & Empowerment Coordinator, City of Evanston, IL
ICMA-CM: This webinar meets Practice Areas 1 (Personal and Professional Integrity), 3 (Equity and Inclusion), and 8 (Policy Facilitation and Implementation) of ICMA’s Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership.
Post-Webinar Discussion Questions:
- Where do our workplace practices have potential bias effects?
- How can we take action to recognize and remove bias?
- What can I do in my role to make local government more open and inclusive?
Note: please "white list" or "allow sender" for "firstname.lastname@example.org" to receive confirmation email for the webinar. We’ll be using webinar tools (including real-time questions and live polling) to make this a great opportunity for audience interaction.
- September 20, 2018
- 03:00 pm 04:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 09/20/2018
- Member Price:$0.00