Coronavirus: ICMA Community Conversations
The pandemic, economic crisis, and racial justice protests highlight the larger public health disparities in our communities of color.
Speakers will address these issues:
- The historic framework and why race still matters
- The importance of analysis in developing short- and long-term strategies
- How a resilience helps sharpen the focus on health disparities
- Current public health priorities related to the pandemic: targeted testing, catching up on childhood immunizations
- Gordon Goodwin, Director, Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE)
- Genesis D. Gavino, Resilience Officer, City of Dallas, Texas
- Luis Javier Hernandez Ortiz, Mayor of Villalba, Puerto Rico
This webinar was developed in partnership with National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA), Local Government Hispanic Network (LGHN), International Network of Asian Public Administrators (I-NAPA) and Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE)
This webinar addresses Practice Areas:  Equity & Inclusion;  Policy Facilitation & Implementation;  Community & Resident Service;  Service Delivery;  Financial Management & Budgeting of ICMA's Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership.
You will receive a confirmation email once you register.
Preferred browsers for accessing the webinar: Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
This session will be recorded and made available at Local Gov Life Podcast.
ICMA has and will continue to keep members informed on the latest developments on this issue. For more information and resources, visit ICMA's Coronavirus Resources page.
Get more content on the topic of COVID-19 in your mailbox!
- Jun 19, 2020 - Jun 19, 2020
- 02:30 pm 04:00 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 06/20/2020
- Member Price:$0.00