This is the second of four webinars designed to help local governments get a handle on the data they collect and manage.
Data strategists will talk about how to successfully get your data in order. Kay Meyer and Mary Anne Hopper will outline five essential components of a data strategy and share examples of successful data management. Having implemented a transformative data integration project for her government agency, Kay Meyer will talk frankly about the pitfalls you may encounter, how to ensure that data is protected, and the differences between data sharing and open data.
You and your staff will discuss:
- The benefit of enterprise-wide data sharing and common impediments
- Successful approaches to embarking on sharing data
- Five components of Data Strategy
- Examples of successful adoption
- Pitfalls encountered by governments that start sharing data
- Difference between data sharing and open data
ICMA has partnered with SAS to develop the Smart Communities and Data Analytics Report to bring the power of data analytics and smart community practices to local governments worldwide. When activated, these practices help local governments make informed decisions across operational sectors such as public safety, energy, transportation, purchasing, public health, transportation, land use, water and wastewater, environmental quality, and more.
NOTE: This is part two of a four-part series. All sessions are free. Registration is separate for each session; you may register for any or all of these sessions.
- March 01, 2018
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 03/01/2018
- Member Price:$0.00