This free webinar is the first of four in a series designed to help local governments get a handle on the data they collect and manage.
This first webinar in a series of four will discuss the importance of local governments sharing data and running analytics. Jennifer Robinson and Kay Meyer discuss the prevailing problems that local governments have with data, the types of data currently collected and the types of data that will be generated as new technologies emerge and influence the information we collect about our infrastructure, operations, and citizens. The conversation will focus in on data and analytic strategies that position your staff to maximize its data for informed decision making.
You and your staff will discuss:
- Types of data that local governments are collecting
- The current environment/challenge of most local governments with their data
- Typical impediments that prevent local governments from sharing data
- The value of data and why local governments need to use and protect it
- Why perform analytics?
- Key components of a strategic analytics approach
- Advantages of having an enterprise-wide analytics approach
ICMA has partnered with SAS to develop the Smart Communities and Data Analytics Report to bring the power of data analytics and smart community practices to local governments worldwide. When activated, these practices help local governments make informed decisions across operational sectors such as public safety, energy, transportation, purchasing, public health, transportation, land use, water and wastewater, environmental quality, and more.
NOTE: This is part one of a four-part series. All sessions are free. Registration is separate for each session; you may register for any or all of these sessions.
- February 15, 2018
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 02/16/2018
- Member Price:$0.00