This ICMA University Online Classroom webinar presents a discussion to help you build civic trust.
As municipalities are required to adhere to open meeting and open records laws, it can often feel like walking on eggshells with respect to transparency. Whether perceived or actual, a lack of openness or transparency by organizations or managers can create challenging circumstances - often times leaving them unable to recover from the backlash. This webinar is designed to help you confidently create a culture of trust internally within your organization and externally with your residents.
During this session, you will discuss:
- Why poor civic trust isn’t your fault
- Activities that could be hurting your reputation and how to improve them
- Things you can start doing now to help cultivate trust in your municipality’s work
- Two effective civic engagement examples
- Dottie Schindlinger, vice president of thought leadership, Diligent Corporation
- Michelle Cooper, senior governance specialist, Diligent Corporation
NOTE: This webinar is complimentary thanks to a sponsorship from an ICMA Strategic Partner who will have access to registration information.
- June 04, 2019
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 06/05/2019
- Member Price:Not available
- Non-Member:Not available