Coronavirus: ICMA Community Conversations
As the world tries to manage the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, local emergency medical services (EMS) agencies are literally on the front lines. These are unprecedented times for EMS agencies as they manage (and learn as they go) the clinical, operational, and workforce aspects of the pandemic’s impact.
The Center for Public Safety Management (CPSM) has evaluated hundreds of EMS systems across the country, and the members of the Academy of International Mobile Healthcare Integration (AIMHI) represent some of the highest performing EMS systems in North America. CPSM and AIMHI are teaming up to bring insights into how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting EMS delivery, and some of the top challenges facing local EMS agencies as they try to meet this crisis head-on.
Topics discussed will include:
- The critical role of the EMS system’s clinical and operational leadership
- The shortage of essential medical supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Integration and communication with governmental leaders, healthcare systems, public health officials, and other stakeholders
- Potential strategies for effectively managing the most significant challenges
Tom Wieczorek, Executive Director, Center for Public Safety Management
Chip Decker, CEO, Richmond Ambulance Authority and AIMHI President
Matt Zavadsky, MedStar Mobile Healthcare and CPSM Consultant
You will receive a confirmation email once you register.
This session will be recorded and made available at Local Gov Life Podcast..
ICMA has and will continue to keep members informed on the latest developments on this issue. For more information and resources, visit ICMA's Coronavirus Resources page.
- Apr 15, 2020 - Apr 15, 2020
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 04/15/2020
- Member Price:$0.00