ICMA Coaching Program Webinar Series
Water cooler talk: it’s in every organization. Sometimes these conversations are productive and help us bounce ideas off each other, sometimes they help us catch-up on colleague’s lives and help build workplace cohesion. But occasionally these conversations can become harmful to the organization, impacting morale and productivity and creating obstacles to achieving our mission and goals. Sometimes they are destructive and hurtful to individuals in the organization. And in politically-charged seasons like this, workplace conversations can create personal divides, destroy working relationships and challenge our goals of maintaining our political neutrality.
Join ICMA’s first Coaching Webinar of 2020 to learn about effective tools that can help you effectively handle off-line employee conversations in your organization.
What we'll cover:
- How can we understand and better diffuse office rumor mills?
- What are effective strategies for addressing sensitive, destructive or political issues?
- How can we help casual conversations better benefit the organization?
ICMA-CM: This webinar meets Practice 1 (Personal and Professional Integrity), and 5 (Personal Resiliency and Development) of ICMA’s Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership.
Post-webinar discussion questions:
- Where would our agency especially benefit from retooling our culture?
- What are some approaches and lessons learned that we can apply?
- What resources would we like to access to accelerate our efforts?
Visit the ICMA Coaching Program for more coaching and mentoring resources.
- Apr 30, 2020 - Apr 30, 2020
- 01:30 pm 03:00 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 05/01/2020
- Member Price:$0.00