Presented by GFOA
GFOA's Code of Ethics requires that finance officers support equitable provision of services and call out unfair discrimination. But some local governments use and rely on revenue from imposed fees and fines that exacerbate socioeconomic and racial inequities in the communities they serve.
In this webinar, learn how fines and imposed fees disproportionately affect low-income communities and communities of color and how they can decrease citizens' trust in their local government. You will also learn how to evaluate your organization's policies regarding fines, imposed fees, and asset forfeitures and how to develop new policies that can begin to rebuild the public's trust in the organization.
Who Will Benefit: CFO/Finance Director, Budget Manager, Budget Analyst, Department Directors, Treasurers
- Understand how imposed fees, fines, and asset forfeitures exacerbate socioeconomic and racial inequities and decrease trust in local government
- Learn how to evaluate your policies to determine whether they are fair and equitable
- Learn the steps you can take to revise your organization’s policies to begin re-building trust in your local government
- GFOA Member Price: $35.00
- Non-member Price: $50.00
- Oct 28, 2020 - Oct 28, 2020
- 01:00 pm 02:00 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 10/29/2020
- Member Price:$35.00