Register here for the onsite event and to reserve your seat for the Facebook Live event.
Despite questions about its risks and practicality, blockchain technology is proving to be a promising tool for local governments in their quest to strengthen data integrity and create more efficient systems.
We invite you to join experts from the International City/County Management Association (ICMA), the National League of Cities (NLC) and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) to hear the latest insights on this new and exciting technology. Confirmed presenters include:
- Julie Hamill, author of ICMA’s 2018 white paper, "Blockchain Technology: Local Government Applications and Challenges"
- Brooks Rainwater, Senior Executive and Director, NLC’s Center for City Solutions and
- Xavier Hughes, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, ICMA.
- Russ Truell, former GFOA board member and CFO of Franklin Tennessee
The panel will provide an overview of blockchain basics, risks and challenges, as well as examples of how local governments are already using it. Light refreshments will be served.
- Feb 21, 2019 - Feb 21, 2019
- 10:30 am 12:00 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 02/21/2019
- National League of Cities 660 North Capitol Street, NW First Floor
- Washington DC
- National League of Cities
- Member Price:$0.00