2019 ICMA's Strategic Leadership and Governance Awards recipients share their strategies for successful long-term planning.
Long-term planning is often one of the most complex processes a local government must carry out, requiring the careful examination of budgets and financial data, the analysis of internal procedures and workflows, and an enormous level of coordination between various departments, among a plethora of other challenges. However, when done with care and consideration it will contribute to the stability of the jurisdiction in the future while improving its operational effectiveness.
ICMA's Strategic Leadership and Governance Award recognizes communities who've excelled in this regard, and in this webinar you'll hear from this year's award recipients as they share their strategies for success.
During this session, you will discuss:
- The impetus behind revisions to their existing plans and procedures
- How input from different departments was collected and organized into a cohesive plan
- The role of the public in the planning process
- The tools used to evaluate progress towards long-term goals
- Debbie Chiu, budget operations manager, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Scott Huizenga, budget officer, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Kitty Steffens, strategic initiatives and budget analyst, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Ray Keller, village manager, Lake Zurich, IL
- Nov 12, 2019 - Nov 12, 2019
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 11/13/2019
- Member Price:$149.00