This ICMA University Online Classroom webinar provides methods for municipal compensation and planning and review best practices for determining pay rates for individual positions.
Local governments often face an uphill battle when trying to attract and retain top-notch talent, as they must compete against both the private and nonprofit sectors to be the employer of choice. However, there are a number of tactics your jurisdiction can employ to recruit and maintain a high-caliber staff.
Join human resources experts Carol Granfield, ICMA-CM and Sandy Stapczynski as they discuss various methods for municipal compensation and planning and review best practices for determining pay rates for individual positions.
This webinar will cover:
- How to weigh and compare total compensation packages
- Various methods for municipal compensation analysis
- How to address compression issues to improve staff retention
- Salary data analytics utilizing public and private sector databases
- The advantages of also using an internal equity tool (for pay equity purposes such as ranking and classification and grouping similar like positions on a pay and classification plan)
Carol M. Granfield, ICMA-CM, Principal Consultant, Municipal Resources, Inc.
Aleksandra (Sandy) Stapczynski, Founder and President, Human Resources Services, Inc.
This webinar will cover the following Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership:  Financial Management and Budgeting;  Human Resources Management and Workforce Engagement.
- March 17, 2020
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 03/18/2020
- Member Price:$149.00