This ICMA University Online Classroom webinar provides tools for developing and expanding your community's brand.
The Big Apple. The Windy City. Silicon Valley. For most Americans, these monikers instantly evoke the image of a city or region along with the industries they're best known for. However, the vast majority of local governments don't have such an easily recognizable brand. Discover how building a brand for your community can pay dividends in tourism, business development, and resident engagement.
In this webinar, you’ll join speakers from Murrieta, California, Gainesville, Florida, and Valdosta State University as they give you the tools you need to develop your community's brand in order to attract outside investment and spur economic development.
During this session, you will discuss:
- Academic research on how local governments engage in marketing and branding
- How to center citizens in your marketing strategy
- Methods for tracking the success of your marketing campaign
- How to balance your brand with your community identity
- Scott Agajanian, deputy director of development services – economic development, City of Murrieta, California
- Blair Thomas, PhD, MPH, MPA, assistant professor, Department of Political Science, Valdosta State University
- Chad Paris, principal & CEO, Parisleaf
- Matt Steel, creative director, Parisleaf
- Oct 17, 2019 - Oct 17, 2019
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 10/18/2019
- Member Price:$149.00