Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Gettysburg Leadership Institute. Application deadline: February 5, 2018.
Each year, a small group of no more than 30 senior local government managers meet to study the leadership lessons of Gettysburg. This is a unique opportunity to join colleagues in an exploration of personal leadership, organizational effectiveness, and the lessons of history.
What You Can Expect
Relate timeless, inspiring leadership lessons to the challenges your organization may face today.
- Engage for three days in an exploration of personal leadership, organizational effectiveness, and the lessons of history.
- Explore the complexity of the battle of Gettysburg, the size of the armies, and the wide spectrum of personalities, all of which offer an extensive range of perspectives that are useful to those who work in local government.
- Talk about the command structures, strategies, and methods of communication during the battle, which contain relevant examples for today’s leaders in decision-making, team building, and planning strategies for success.
- Study good and bad examples of leadership, the importance of communication, leading by example, recognizing and appropriately utilizing talent and skill, understanding the benefits and limitations of the tools and resources available.
Who is Right for the Program
The Gettysburg Leadership Institute is for you if...
- You want to inspire and motivate your team to be more decisive, push their limits, and show confidence through your very own purpose and role.
- You plan to build trust in your team to create a strong, cohesive group.
- You believe that being flexible and resilient creates faith and reassures people to show respect and become engaged in community.
- You already have great leadership skills but want to build on them.
- You have had to rebuild and reinvigorate your community after a crisis, or want to learn the leadership skills needed to succeed in case a situation were to arise.
For more information, visit the Gettysburg Leadership Institute page.
- April 18 - 20, 2018
- 05:00 pm 03:00 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 02/05/2018
- Gettysburg PA
- Member Price:$975.00