NOTE: CALL FOR IDEAS IS NOW CLOSED.
Do you have a session idea for the 104th Annual Conference in Baltimore, Maryland, September 23-26, 2018? If you are an ICMA member, you have the opportunity to propose an idea for a learning lounge session (30-minute presentations with 1-2 speakers) or a roundtable session (60-minute discussions) that relates to one of the 10 tracks listed below.
These tracks, which serve as themes for the Conference, were developed by the 2018 Conference Planning Committee in Baltimore November 17-19 and are based off of issues that are most important to local government managers at this time.
- Creating Communities That Last
- Equity and Social Inclusion
- Not Your Grandparents’ Workforce
- Redefining Community Engagement – From the Couch to Town Hall Meetings
- Smart Communities: What Are They?
- The Challenges—and Responsibility—of Putting Your Well-Being First
- Assistant/Deputy Managers
- County Managers
- Senior and Credentialed Managers
- Small Community Managers
Please note that ideas for ICMA's 2018 Annual Conference must be submitted by an ICMA member. (Nonmembers are encouraged to join ICMA and enjoy the benefits of belonging to this international organization.) Members and nonmembers alike are welcome as conference speakers. There will be a separate Call for Speakers in March; however, speaker suggestions are welcome with your session proposal.
The deadline for submitting new ideas is January 11, 2018.