The Cal-ICMA leadership meets to share information during a monthly telephone conference call. Updates are offered on activities in several program areas, including a robust Cal-ICMA Coaching Program, an emerging Senior/ Encore Manager Program, professional development, membership development and outreach efforts, governance and nominations activities related to ICMA leadership opportunities, and ethics and professional conduct.
The work of five standing committees is facilitated by Cal-ICMA committee chairs appointed by the Cal-ICMA president:
- Ethics Committee – Ethics and professional conduct
- Membership Committee – Membership development
- Governance and Nominations Committee – Cal-ICMA board and ICMA board nominations
- Scholarships and Events Committee – Developing and attracting professional development activities to California
- Talent Initiative Committee (Formerly Preparing the Next Generation Committee & Cal-ICMA Coaching)
- Senior / Encore Managers Program Committee - Supporting managers retiring from careers in local government management and moving into their next professional endeavors
In addition, several active membership groups report on activities in the state that enhance the Cal-ICMA collaborative. These include ICMA Senior Advisors; the Municipal Management Association of Northern California (MMANC); the Municipal Management Association of Southern California (MMASC); the California City Management Foundation (CCMF); and Women Leading Government (WLG).